I love fajitas. They taste delicious, all their Mexican spices mixed with healthy veg and chicken. But, if you’re following a diet plan, eating them the traditional way, using tortillas to wrap up the tastiness adds far too many calories to what can be an otherwise healthy meal. So, I found a way to keep those Syns to a minimum, but keeping all of the flavour! Here’s my healthy chicken fajitas recipe!
What You’ll Need for Healthy Chicken Fajitas
- Chicken breast, cut into strips
- Red, Green and Yellow Pepper
- 1 onion
- Packet of Fajita Spice Mix
- 1 calorie Cooking Spray Oil
- Iceberg Lettuce
1. Spray a pan with cooking spray and fry the chicken until sealed.
2. Add the peppers and onion and fry with the chicken until the vegetables are softer (but still have some crunch) and the chicken is cooked thoroughly.
3. Add the packet of fajita spice and mix in well. Cook for a further 5 minutes, ensuring the chicken and veg is well coated in spice.
4. Carefully remove whole leaves from the lettuce and wash, then pat dry with kitchen paper. Serve the chicken and peppers in the leaves, ready to be wrapped and enjoyed!
If you like, you can make your own chips to go with it. Simply parboil potatoes cut into chips, dry out and spread on a baking tray. Spray the chips with cooking spray and sprinkle with salt. Cook in a hot oven for around 25 minutes, turning half way and spraying again.
Would you like a FREE printable version of this recipe? You would? Great! Pop your details in here and I’ll send it to your inbox!
If you’re looking for more healthy alternatives, try my cheeseburger recipe!
Kelly is a mother of two – her son H and daughter Tink. H is home educated, Tink is autistic. Kelly is a self-employed Virtual Assistant… Life is busy!